Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Vintage Sewing Desk

I have finally finished the sewing desk that my dad got for me months ago. (Actually truth be told, I'm not 100% finished yet. I still need to paint the inside of the drawers, but I'm lazy.) Here is the before:


It was not in bad shape, just really, really dirty. Like wasp nests and dirt dobbers (sp?) on the inside dirty. I chose to paint it with Rustoleum's Winter Grey and added some white stripes and hardware. I have been really uninspired for the last couple months, so this poor guy got really neglected. I would paint a little on it one day and then go 2 weeks before I touched it again. And as I was deciding to write up this post, I realized that I didn't take a single picture with the top down. The top of the desk lifts up and slides down the back side to reveal the spot where you can store your sewing machine. I'm a photo loser. And I've moved it into a "storage" area, so I'm not gonna go digging in to take another picture. (there's that laziness again.)

notice the cat tail photo bomb?!





I really do like how it turned out and I'll really be glad to get it "finished" finished so I can sell it. I have got to make some space in my house. My lack of inspiration here lately has resulted in small large piles of stuff all over the house. But I'm hoping that I'm starting to come out of my slump. Only time will tell, I suppose. :)

LINKING UP @ Handy Man, Crafty WomanMy Girlish WhimsDIY by DesignLil' LunaGinger Snap CraftsSew Much AdoDomestically Speaking, Liz Marie Blog, Miss Mustard Seed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes